Blood Pressure Measurement
- Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure
- Current JNC Report and Guidelines: Classification of Blood Pressure Screening and Referral, JNC7/8-Based Guidelines
- Blood Pressure Measurement in Children — Diagnosis, Evaluation of Treatment of High Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents
Sodium and Salt
- Sodium Reduction Toolkit — As part of a broader international effort, the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) developed this toolkit, which provides a brief overview of various topics related to population-level sodium reduction.
- Most Americans Should Consume Less Salt — In this link the CDC discusses the dietary guidelines and points out some hidden sources of salt in our foods. A number of resources are identified to assist patients and the public to reduce their sodium intake.
- JNC7 Physician's Card — A clinical reference card from NHLBI summarizing the evaluation, treatment, and lifestyle interventions recommended in the JNC 7.
- A Closer Look at African American Men and High Blood Pressure Control: A Review of Psychosocial Factors and Systems-Level Interventions — This report is a resource for health professionals and public health programs that addresses high blood pressure control in African American men.
- Awareness and Treatment of Uncontrolled Hypertension Among Adults – United States 2003-2010 — This report uses data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) to examine the prevalence, pharmacologic treatment and control of hypertension among U.S. adults. The examination focuses on indicators of the use of medical care, as well as on demographic characteristics and socioeconomic factors.